Stop the pressure: The importance of skin care in the prevention of pressure ulcers
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting a live webinar for all users on 23 November 2023 at 6pm GMT (7pm CET, 1pm EST, 12pm CST).
The faculty in this webinar will share their experience with developing local pathways to ensure skin care is utilised to reduce occurrence of incontinence associated dermatitis which can lead to pressure ulcers. Speakers will discuss best practice and how change has been implemented in a local hospital setting.
What you will learn:
- Define the key principles of skin care and describe its importance in maintaining skin integrity and preventing skin injuries.
- Explain the reasons for minimizing variations in clinical practice to enhance patient outcomes and clinical efficiency.
- Apply the concepts of incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD) and pressure ulcers to differentiate between the two conditions based on their etiology, signs, and symptoms.
- Analyse methods and strategies for reducing practice variations with the goal of optimizing patient outcomes and clinical efficiency.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of adopting skin care pathways within your clinical practice and identify their impact on patient care and outcomes.
The webinar will be presented by Ms Heidi Sandoz (Independent Tissue Viability Consultant, United Kingdom) and Mrs Kelly Phillips (Skin Integrity Lead Nurse, United Kingdom) and there will be plenty of time for questions and answers. We encourage all users with an interest in pressure injury/ulcer prevention to attend this informative and interactive event.
To sign up for the webinar, please click here.
We look forward to seeing you there!